Recycle for Charity is a program providing a new & convenient recycling approach for the purpose of recycling usable items that would normally end up in our landfill and to produce immediate revenue for charities, from companies like yours.
The Recycle for Charity Program works by having employees donate their gently used items on behalf of the DAV- Department of Michigan.
The items donated through your drive never end up in our landfill, and the Charity benefits by receiving a donation based on the amount collected.
After the Charity receives the items collected, they are distributed to the DAV Thrift Store in Michigan. Items that are not resold continue on a recycle path, until they are utilized, i.e. recycled to produce raw materials.
Collaborating with your employees to help our environment and to help charities is a great way to work together!
ORGANZING A RECYCLE FOR CHARITY EVENT AT YOUR BUSINESS IS EASY....
- Pick a date to hold your event.
- Get the word out to employees
DAV Thrift Store will do the rest!
- Provide you with a bulletin, to distribute to employees, explaining the type and conditions of items to bring, and the date to bring them.
- Set up a truck at a convenient spot for individuals to drop off their donations.
- Have representatives from the Disabled American Veterans on site to collect the donated items and issue tax receipts.
Also, representatives will be on hand with information about the charity and to give donors a great big "Thank You!"
By the end of the day, the items will be on their way to being re-used.
According to a recent report by National Geographic's Green Guide senior editor Emily Main, "American's collectively trashed 9 million tons of reusable clothes, footwear, towels and bedding in 2005 according to the Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Solid Waste".
To find out more about how your business can participate, call Aaron Lewber @ 586.216.8408.